Friday, November 6, 2015

sneak peek.

Ever since I first seen little, felted, balls with acorn tops on Etsy I've been dying to make some of my very own. Finally, this year, while visiting Vancouver for Knit City 2015, I found some adorable acorn caps. As soon as I got home I went to work on felting the autumn coloured balls, shown below, to glue into the caps. Are they not the sweetest thing?


Who knew that this quick little craft project would became the inspiration for my next crochet design. 


This crochet acorn combines 2 different textures to give it a natural woodsy look. The acorn and oak leaf are both felted, whereas the cap is left unfelted. This combination of texture gives it a truly natural feel of the original. This acorn measures approximately 10 cm (4") in length making it a great accent for the home, or a decorative pincushion for your sewing basket.

The crochet pattern for the Woodland Acorn is nearing completion and will be ready for publication any day now. 



kim.


No comments:

Post a Comment