Sunday, May 27, 2012

my new digs....

Life has brought me many, many changes lately. My entire married life I have lived in British Columbia, Canada, but we have recently switched things up in our life. We have undergone a huge move, and we now enjoy the beautiful scenery of the big open prairies of Saskatchewan! Here is a glimpse of what I now call home...


It is truly beautiful but in a very different way than anything that I have been accustom to for the last 20 years. Just a few nights ago, I got to experience the most beautiful display of dancing Northern Lights. It was amazing!!! I just wished that there was a way that I could have captured it on film.

Designing new crochet patterns has taken a back burner for now, unfortunately, as I have got a new project in the works, but this time it involves wood and nails rather than fiber and a hook.  We are building our own home!  This is a new adventure for us.  And when I say adventure, I mean adventure!  This is what we have been working in the last few weeks...


MUD!! Lots and lots of mud!! Just a few days after the hole was dug it began to rain.  A few days of hot weather dried it up enough that we could work at the footings a little. I was excited to have pretty new pink rubber boots to work in, but I'm sad to say that they are not so pretty anymore!



tara.

No comments:

Post a Comment